How I've Delivered;
• Built on a track record of executing the Housing Affordability Strategy – 4000 rental units including almost 1000 below market under planning and construction
• Collaborated and Supported YMCA in Burquitlam - $100 million in value for Coquitlam taxpayers funded through partnerships and Development fees
• Championed the need to expedite replacement of Place Maillard
• Park revitalization and growth including Dawes Hill Park, Queenston Park, Burke Mountain Pioneer Park and many more
• Advocated for resources for traffic enforcement has resulted in increased police presence on roads
• Utilize non tax dollars to deliver capital projects including $9.0 Million for parks and trails
• Improved investment management delivers $700,000 more annually instead of tax increases
• Championed provincial legislative changes in areas ranging from property taxation to mental health support for first responders at annual Municipal conventions
In my first term, I have served you as:
- Chair of the Economic Development Advisory Committee - championing the development of employment space and policies to attract and retain businesses.
- Co - Chair of the Tri Cities Healthier Communities Committee - coordinating not for profits, Fraser Health and all the Tri Cities to implement policies to create healthier communities. I also worked to attract new physicians to serve our growing city.
- Council Representative - Fraser Health Regional Roundtable - championing the need for hospital expansion and services to better serve our growing community.
- Vice - Chair - Riverview Lands advisory Committee - championing the return of mental health and addiction services to Riverview and doing so within the current disturbed footprint in order to retain the green-space and arboretum.
- Metro Vancouver Alternate Director - working primarily in budget issues impacting our region.
- LMLGA, UBCM & FCM - a regular attendee and advocate for policies to better serve our city. I have interacted with elected officials to develop and pass policies for improved mental health support for first responders and legislative changes to more equitably address property taxation.
In the Community I've served as:
- I am proud of my over 30 years of volunteer work in Coquitlam. My involvement in everything from minor sports to business to healthcare provide me with a unique set of experiences to offer to residents as a city councillor.
- Board Member of the BC Chamber of Commerce - Serving small businesses across the province to ensure fair representation and opportunity to succeed and put back to their communities. The role is one of governance, and strategic planning, providing vision and guidance to senior staff.
- Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce - President 2007 - We have developed policies on topics from property taxation, to identification of foreign credentials to the retention of the Riverview lands for the provision of Mental Health and community services. I am very proud that under my leadership, we brought the issue of Riverview to the BC Business community and received 100% support to ensure we served those suffering from mental health, addiction and other ailments that prevent them from fully engaging in society.
- Chair - Tri Cities Chamber of Commerce Riverview Economic Development Task Force - Leading a group of dedicated and diverse community leaders toward the establishment of plans that will fund the much needed services on the Riverview lands, and create the employment opportunities needed in our city.
- Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation Treasurer - led the finance committee and senior staff in the development of the strategic plan, operating budgets and human resources committees. Our work has resulted in the purchase of over $5 million in equipment for the doctors, nurses and patients at Eagle Ridge Hospital.
- City of Coquitlam Economic Development Committee - served 2004 - 2006, helping to improve the home based business, signage and business licensing bylaws.
- Coquitlam Metro Ford Soccer - I have proudly served as a coach and manager for several years.
- Coquitlam Minor Hockey - a coach in both boys and Senior Women's hockey as well as a 20 year officiating career in Minor and Junior hockey.
- Numerous local charities - I have volunteered my emcee and voice-over skills to several community groups, including Tri-Cities television for the annual Canada Day presentations.
Dennis has my support for his second term as Coquitlam Councillor! He is a practical and business minded community leader. I voted for Dennis Marsden in election 2014. For election 2018 I am voting in the community of Maple Ridge. If only I could vote for Dennis now!